Association was founded on 27 April, 1999
The association aims to bring and keep together stein- and glass collectors in Hungary. To achieve these goals, the association undertakes the following tasks:
- Provides access to each members’ own collection; organizes swaps.
- Holds an annual general meeting, and elections every five years.
- Initiates to organize exhibitions and events in the field.
- Oversees joint research into the origins of antique steins and glasses.
- Prepares and edits publications and other materials.
The association works on a non-profit basis, and the founding members who are elected officers also work on a non-renumerated basis. As a result, the annual membership fee is HUF 5,000.-, which includes postal and bank fees, as well as the costs of membership cards and the website. Any legal entity can become a member of the association, which carries a membership fee of HUF 13,000.- per year.
Every member of the association:
- shall receive a numbered picture (as of 2009) membership card made out to his name.
- shall have pictures of the most prized pieces of his collection placed on our website per his or her request
- per request shall receive Over-Team Ltd.’s catalogues
- pieces selected from a catalogue or distributed by Over-Team Ltd. shall be stored free-of-charge up to 3 months.
Founders: (in order of number of the membership card):
- István Szemere
- Gábor Kovács
- Dr. Csaba Nyárs
- András Follinus
- Tibor Kiss
- Sándor Polonkai
- László Bársony
- István Pammer
- Istvánné Szemere
- Zsolt Szabady
- Róbert Nyitrai
- Csaba Rózsa
- the late Pál Viszkok